Employment Law Links and Resources
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Federal agency, which investigates claims of violations of federal employment law.
- Department of Labor
Federal agency, which oversees federal labor law including pension benefit claims and federal employee wage and hour issues.
- Department of Labor, Occupational Safety & Health Administration
Home page for the Department of Labor OSHA.
- Federal Agencies & Departments
A Library of Congress resource page with links to most federal agencies.
- Department of Fair Employment & Housing (DFEH)
California administrative agency responsible for investigating claims of housing and workplace discrimination.
- Department of Labor Standards Enforcement
Agency which oversees claims of wage and hour violations in California (the “Labor Commissioner”)
- Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Workers Compensation
Access to information on workers compensation insurance.
- Employment Development Department (EDD)
Home page; information concerning job placement and referrals, unemployment insurance, disability insurance, employment and training, labor-market information, payroll taxes, and other topics.
- California State Agencies & Departments
Links to California agencies, departments, and commissions.
State and Local Statutes
- Information on Americans with Disabilities Act compliance
Information and technical assistance on the ADA by the U.S. Department of Justice.
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Cornell Law School – Legal Information Institute
U.S. Supreme Court decisions, U.S. Code, and valuable links to other court decisions.